This blog post addresses the first post of this year and looks back at the goals I placed upon myself in “A New Year, A New Me”. I am not trying to tell you about my year, but trying to impart some life lessons that may help you to look at life a bit differently.
1) I told myself to be less judgmental about others since some people just do not need or want advice. I think about 50% of the time I was successful in doing that. Other times I have to tell myself to stop and back up and just listen without giving advice or being judgmental. Just today I was trying to give my piece of “wisdom” to someone and had to stop myself. What is my point of view may not be someone else’s point of view and I am trying constantly to accept that and accept that there are many ways to look at the same situation. A coin has two sides and the two sides are very different but it’s the same coin and it’s the same object; it just looks different depending on which side it lands.
2) The jealousy abounds in people. When you see negative tendencies, either run or face it head on. I have done both and I have found many people who exhibit those tendencies. You can’t work with people who are jealous. They just want what they can’t have and it’s hard to make them see that what they have is good for them.
3) Creativity- I have done some of that with my blog writing and photography, but I want to do so much more. I want to write more, I want to draw and paint. I just want to be more creative to help relieve the other stresses in my life.
4) I have learned so much this past year with my new job. My brain has been active overtime and am loving it. I continue to aim to do this and challenge my mind and brain. I can safely say I have exceeded this goal this year to the limit and surpassed it.
5) Still working on being healthy. It’s a continuous struggle for someone who is a foodie and loves to cook. I have to cut down on the carbs, the sweets and get to a point where I am happy looking at myself in the mirror. That has not happened yet, so that goal has yet to be achieved.
6) Helen has become my second mother and continues to be an incredible influence in my life. She brings all that is positive in my world and I can’t imagine a life without someone like Helen. Priyanka is very sweet and continues to give me positive and bright thoughts and is a beautiful constant in my life. I have had the fortune to have rekindled my relationship with my cousin Mimi, who has travelled the world in the last few years and we had just lost touch from leading busy lives. I am so happy we have come back together to talk and share our adventures and misadventures. She is my true soul sister. I have made also great friends at work who have been supportive. My family does not need listing. They are always there for me and a strong force. So, overall I am lucky to have good people surrounding me.
7) I continue my journey to seek spirituality. That will never wane.
8) One more thing I need to add. This year my philosophy is to use my head more than my heart. In the past, I have always used my heart more and it’s really never gotten me too far. This year I want to start using my head, be smart and make good and wise choices before letting my heart rule. Many of you may not agree with me, but it’s working for me so far so I will let that philosophy continue.
Have a safe, happy and healthy 2015! I would love to hear from any or all of you that read me.